So you've purchased your MTC unit...now what? We sat down with our tech specialists to provide you a simple 3 step install list:
What’s in the Box
- Siren Marine MTC
- Mounting Bracket
- 4 Mounting Screws
- 6’ Battery Cable w/5amp inline fuse
- Set Up Guide
- App Guide
- Flat Head Screwdriver
Step 1 – Mounting Your MTC Unit
Things to consider:
- The location of your MTC. Place your MTC unit close to your hardwired power source to avoid a lengthy wire run. We include a 6ft battery cable for this initial connection to power. This connection must be a hardwired connection to a 24-hour power source.
- The angle in which your MTC is mounted. We recommend mounting the MTC unit flat or vertical as the internal GPS antenna is on the front of the device. This will allow for the most accurate signal to GPS satellites. We recommend connecting the device to power before determining the final installation spot to confirm the device can connect to the cellular network and GPS satellites.
Step 2 – Connecting to Power
- Using the supplied 6ft battery cable connect one end of the Red(+) wire to the Positive(+) terminal on your boat’s battery and the other to the input labeled BATT1 + on the MTC unit. Connect one end of the Black(-) wire to the Negative(-) terminal on your boat’s battery and the other to the input labeled BATT NEG on the MTC.
Step 3 – App Set-up
- Once the unit has been connected to power you can launch the Siren Marine App to login to your device. A valid Siren Marine Subscription is needed to login to the Siren Marine App (this can be purchased at sirenmarine.com).
- Upon launching the Siren Marine App you will be asked to enter your email and device ESN (MTC Serial number.) Your device ESN can be found on the back of your MTC or on the box the unit came in. If our system does not detect a valid Siren Marine Subscription you will be directed to SirenMarine.com to purchase an Annual, Seasonal or Monthly subscription.
- You will then be asked to create a password for your Siren Marine app. Once you create your password you will be logged in and ready to start using your Siren Marine MTC!
Siren U: Installation Video